Purrls

Monday, August 30, 2004

(Almost) Instant Gratification

Ahhhhh. Instant gratification. There's nothing like it. Thursday, one of my s&b friends showed up with this awesome lacy poncho made from a purply colorway of Berroco Echo. I had been looking for a good 'decorative' poncho (read: not warm) but didn't want to spend a lot of time or money.

Well, I stopped by the LYS on the way home from work on Friday, started it Friday night, and wore it to church Saturday night, where I got lots of compliments. I did feel a little guilty responding "Oh, I just started it yesterday" to the question "How long did that take you?" but I was being truthful...

Other projects on the docket--a top-down sweater from pink sportweight Marr Haven wool where my only goal is that it fit perfectly when it's done. I've always had difficulty with gauge and following directions so this is my challenge.

A few felted eyeglass cases made from Kool-Aid dyed yarn that I'm currently trying to force-dry (and not receiving much cooperation!). Some other felted objects, and some random little crocheted thingies.

I've found that a hot bath and a little something to crochet (in plain cotton, in case it gets wet) is a fabulous end-of-workday indulgence!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home