Purrls

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Walking Dead: Knittykat is a Shane Walsh Apologist Part 1

I looked back at my last few posts and realized that I am all over the freaking MAP when it comes to topics, but I have gotten a lot of comments from people I've never met before that must have found me through Google. And so, hey, in the interest of Random, here ya go.

Mr. Knittykat brought home a copy of Season 1 of AMC's zombie apocalypse drama "The Walking Dead". I wasn't expecting to like it, as I'm not a huge zombie fan, but I figured it's good knitting time so I sat down to watch it. Three hours and 4 episodes later we are debating do we go to bed or keep watching until we've watched the entire season. Great characters, great effects, cinematic quality, and an awesome story. Love.

One of my favorite parts was Jon Bernthal's character Shane Walsh. He's rugged, he's heroic, he's fiercely protective, and he's also buff and just basically delicious in my book.

So the next day I looked around online to read some other folks' reactions to the show (and to find some pictures of Jon Bernthal without a shirt on). And I was really surprised to find that most women found him to be a creep whereas he definitely made me feel all squirmy inside. Women were calling for Shane's death and were instead incredibly turned on by Daryl Dixon.

I was rather astounded. Daryl made my skin crawl. In my opinion he was nothing but a scrawny racist redneck. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a dark alley with him around. He looks like he avoided the zombie apocalypse by hiding out in his meth lab.....okay I'll stop now.

Anyhoo, I found a lot of contempt for Shane's actions in the show (the comics are a different story line, so there is significant variance) and I found myself ranting to my husband about how clearly these people were not Getting It. And I thought "heck, I want to get this out, so I'm gonna put it on my blog."

We'll see if I get any interesting comments from this.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger ladyjanewriter said…

    Ooo, the busted nose is kinda hot. He looks like the kinda guy you need just in case of a barfight. Heh.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger ladyjanewriter said…

    As far as Daryl, you cain't judge a book by lookin' at it's cover. I can also see it.

    Are there any whippet-thin lanky zombie hunters in this show? Like, I'd really like a lanky zombie hunter who was a blades expert, y'know, a kitara, a machete, a glittering dagger, throwing knives.

    These dudes are too buff. I wanna see someone who's kind of lithe and squirrelly. With a cute butt. The Zombie Apocalypse needs more Cute Butts.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Sorry LJ, the hipsters didn't survive the zombie apocalypse ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home