Purrls

Monday, January 04, 2010

Fresh

This is probably my favorite (cold) time of year. Meaning I'd sure like it to be warm, that's really my favorite, but if I had to pick a cold time of the year, this is it.

I'm always a little surprised by folks who can consider the New Year "just another day". Even before we celebrated it, it's always been magical to me! One minute it is the old year; stale, full of baggage, covered in mistakes, and in an instant the slate is wiped clean and everyone is granted a fresh start!

The New Year always gets me energized to make decisions. To throw away things I've been "hanging on to". To try new recipes or ideas. To move furniture. To bring color and spirit into my life. To make good on new habits.

This year I moved furniture, among other things. I got new curtains from Ikea, new light fixtures, moved my entertainment center behind the couch to make a "wall", and put low bookcases where the entertainment center was. I put a big paper "ball" lamp in the corner and with my new royal blue curtains it looks so awesome. I am still deciding whether or not I should paint the wall bright green!

I believe a new rug is next up, and maybe a new couch. I need to decide where my pictures should go. I was going to hang them all in the "empty" space around the TV (which is mounted on the wall now) but now I'm kind of digging the "emptiness".

Right now I'm settling into the new arrangement and fine tuning it. I got a whole new look for only $230. Hooray Ikea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home