Purrls

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wearing my Echo Poncho Today!!

We're having a luncheon at work so I thought it would be a good chance to dress up a little and wear my Echo poncho!! It feels so good--like a very soft net around my shoulders.

I've been trying to focus on making things I will actually wear, instead of letting my process-knitter nature take over and just making things for the heck of them. At the same time, I'm trying to push myself to try new techniques--like knitting with tape yarn, entrelac (although those entrelac socks are just sitting there--haven't had the uninterrupted time they demand!).

With the cooler weather coming I'm looking forward to working on sweaters again! I'm planning on knitting something in the round....and then cutting a steek which is just a really awesome technique but I've always been scared to do it.

WIP:
1. pink Marr Haven wool turtleneck with cable detail (the one that must fit)
2. white lace 'Floral Bouquet' doily with 4 center motifs and a fishnet border
3. orange entrelac socks
4. redoing the bindoff on the Opal socks

Just sittin' here at my desk wishin' I was knittin' :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home