Purrls

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Project Updates

Important notice***read the post below this too!***

Green Felted Ballet Slippers: done. I made them to replace the red pair I have enjoyed for several years, which tragically developed a hole in the bottom. The red ones were dyed with Tropical Punch Kool Aid, and the green ones with Lemon Lime. I did the green ones with a double sole like the pattern originally intended, which was a) a pain in the butt and b) rendered them WAY slow in drying :-)

Piggy/Boobie Blanket: done. At long last. The pattern wasn't terrible to do, but it was indeed a lot of little futzy ends and bits and pieces and ends to be woven in. Not my favorite type of pattern, but worth it as it is very cute.

Immense Dishrag: done. It is a crocheted pattern that's very cute; something fun & mindless to work on in front of the TV. I just needed something that didn't require much of my brain that evening. I chained the number of stitches called for, and ended up with a dishrag that's almost a hand towel.

*****
Currently I'm working on a pair of scrappy socks from ends of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock left from other projects. It's just too good to waste. This is my "carrying around" project.

And then just last night I started Ene's Shawl from Scarf Style to use my bright green Lacey Lamb. I think it's going pretty good. I've never done a shawl where you cast on for the long side first, and it is really tedious casting on 375 stitches. I just did the first actual row this morning, and I came up with one stitch extra. I'm REALLY hoping that it was just a miscount on my cast on row. I always seem to have this happen with lace; I'm close, but just one or two stitches off. Sigh. Wish me luck. It took me two sittings to do the stupid cast on, so I am totally not down with ripping this crap out.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger monica said…

    I was just thinking about knitting that same shawl and the number of stitches to cast on stopped me. But I bet I'll be tempted after seeing yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home