Purrls

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am just a bad blogger

This is *awful*! I *swear* I posted to my blog just a few weeks ago....and I log in and CRAP, it's been 2 months? Well, here go the updates:

House:
Dining room furniture in place and beautiful. I keep walking by the room and going....heyyyyy, whose grown-up living room is this?

Living room furniture is ordered, of course we could not find anything in STOCK to appease our terribly high standards so we had to custom order something and now we have to wait :-P It sure beats buying something I don't like though, so I'm trying to just suck it up.

Gray is GONE! We spent an entire day, three of us, painting the family room and I was sore for days afterward but oh boy the feeling of no more icky yucky gray hanging around!

Window treatments. I had no idea what buying window treatments for a picture window would be. Yowza. And I bought *off the shelf* treatments and *inexpensive* hardware. Came in at just under $600 for 2 rods, extenders for the rods, double brackets, 8 panels, 6 valance panels, and 8 packages of drapery rings. Hoo boy. It looks *beautiful* though and I keep looking at it just because I *love* looking at it!

And to atone for my picture window shopping orgy, I managed to outfit the family room windows adorably for a mere $25/window.

Knitting:

Trying to keep to 1 project at a time. Really trying. 2 at the max; 1 complex and one easy. Just finished a white cotton-blend cardigan that is so pretty I can't wait to wear it (but need to find something to wear under it first!). I had to do a little creative stuff with the sleeves as I ran out of yarn. Salvaged, discontinued yarn :-) So what I had was just *it*. I ended up making the sleeves elbow length and with a gentle flare at the elbows, giving it a very feminine, almost Colonial look.

Next project will be one of the following:
1) A blanket coat made with a shaded boucle yarn in shades of blue.
2) A turquoise & brown variegated eternity shawl.
3) A yellow baby sweater for a church friend who is having a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home