Purrls

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Even More Headway, and a Clean Craft Room

Well, I got some of the things done. I ended up hanging out with my mom, which was much more fun than painting windows, so they can wait.

Last night I made another beaded picture frame, using up all of those beads so I no longer have to stress about them. I also used up some sequins and beads I had to make up a silver and gold ornament. So that's two little bead compartments empty, and that is definitely a start!

I have a new project in mind now, though. In our new house we have a powder room that needs some help. Help as in paint, a new mirror, a new light fixture, a new sink, new faucet, and a new sink cabinet. And a new toilet.

I have decided that I am going to challenge myself to working on some of these projects on my own. I already have the skills for many of these projects. Painting is of course easy. I know how to install a sink cabinet. A drop in sink is easy enough, provided it fits on the current plumbing. And I know how to replace a faucet. I also know how to replace a light fixture, too.

I have made up a plan of action. First order of business is to remove the old sink, mirror, and light fixture. Then I can paint that wall, and the other walls. Then if I can get a little help in bringing home the sink cabinet, I will be able to install that and the drop in sink top. Then I can hook up the faucet and the plumbing. I am also planning to replace the water supply lines with vinyl tubing supply lines.

Hanging the mirror will be easy. I can also find a nice new light fixture, and I know I can replace that.

I am thinking if I take it one step at a time, I will not bite off more than I can chew. It doesn't matter if it takes me a while as we have 2 other bathrooms. I know how to work slowly and carefully and take precautions not to flood my house or electrocute myself.

Usually my husband and dad take care of remodeling for me. Unfortunately, both of them have been working extra hours lately. I would feel bad asking them to spend their weekends playing with plumbing. But mostly, I want the pride of knowing I did it myself, or, at the very least, I gave it my best shot and did what I could before getting help. If I do it myself it is *my* project and I am in control of it.

Now I am eager to start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home