Purrls

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pansy


My knitting buddy Lucia was nice enough to volunteer her house and garage to hold a yarn dyeing party for our knitting group members. Believe me, this is an extremely messy process and she and her husband Jim went through an awful lot of work and hassle to set this up for us. It was definitely worth it in my opinion because I had a wonderful time!

I dyed three skeins of yarn; two worsted weight skeins of Cascade 220 which I dyed hot pink and orange, and this skein. My inspiration for this one was a pansy; the ones that are yellow and purple with green leaves. The spaces between the green and purple turned a nice shade of brown which adds the pansy's little brown throat. I am very happy with all of my skeins, but you only get to see the Pansy one.

Why? Because the pink and orange ones are horribly tangled! I tried to wind them up and ended up making a bigger mess than I started with. I even had a swift to use and I still messed it up. Thus, I need to bring them for an appointment with Dr. Doree, Yarn Untangler. She loves to untangle yarn, and I can certainly do a job of tangling it up so we make a good team :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's pretty Kat...sorry I missed out. An old friend of mine stopped by for a visit and I lost track of time :(

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Yep, I'll post the pink & orange when Doree has worked her magic on it. It turned out lovely!

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That looks great! It's so vivid. What type of dyes did you use?

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    The dyes were from www.knitpicks.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home