Purrls

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bad, bad blogger


I have been such a crap blogger lately. I'm sorry guys!

I really haven't had a lot of finished objects lately. Usually I come running to the blog to post a finished item, but I really haven't finished much lately.

Yesterday, while waiting in line for tickets to a Texas Chainsaw Massacre evening (no, I did not actually attend) I finished up these darling and super soft convertible mittens for a Christmas gift. They are Malabrigo worsted. At first I set out to testknit a pattern for my online friend Alison that she wrote. The pattern she wrote was for either mittens or fingerless mitts. I, of course, couldn't just follow a pattern or anything so I turned them into convertible mitts.

For some bizarre reason, however, it seems other folks, when waiting in line for horror movies, do not knit fuzzy pastel mittens. I am not entirely sure why.

To top things off, the pattern was written for Malabrigo Bulky, which I failed to notice, and bought worsted weight instead, and so I had to refigure the gauge as well. At the end, it barely resembles her original pattern, so I don't know if I can really say I actually *test knitted*.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Uber Mer said…

    I want those soooo bad. I love convertible mitts. You did an incredible job : )

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK did I miss something? Is there a way this pattern can be posted? Thanks so much, exactly what I have been looking for. B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home