Purrls

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stalled. Frustrated.

BPT/Jesus Sweater: I simply don't know what to do for the bottom. The applied icord rolled up and I spent 3 hours making it and then an hour pulling it out. I don't want ribbing or garter stitch. I've had suggestions to put a cable around the bottom but that will mean knitting it separately and then grafting it together. Yuck.

Noni Bag: I just got the yarn needed and I think I'm going to rip out the whole thing. It's a beautiful bag; but it's a beautiful need-to-carry-in-your-hand bag. And I really prefer to carry a bag on my shoulder, or at least be able to. And I think I want a smaller, more structured style. So there. Sigh.

Test Knit: I can't say too much about this, because I signed an agreement of non-disclosure, but I ran into part where I am completely lost and so I have to wait to hear back from the designer.

Flamingoes: I think the yarn I have will work for fuzz on the flamingoes. But as I pulled it out I remembered that I was at a point in the pattern where I was rather unsure I was doing it correctly at all....so that may be another rip. And another pattern I can't understand.

I HATE THIS! I like being in the "flow" of a project. I've been stressed lately and I need something to work on that is just merrily flowing along, as opposed to requiring much thinking/alteration/experimenting. I also feel like I have way too many projects "in progress" and since they are all stalled I feel like I have multiple problems. I've made a load of dishcloths though. I keep thinking "I'll start another project that is simple and non-stressful" but then I think do I really want to start ANOTHER potential issue?

This was all just whiny. Feel free to ignore. Or if you have suggestions, offer 'em. :-P

7 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    I just sent you a link for this http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/lugh06/asphyxiation.htm

    I think if you are frustrated you could maye do a less "stressful pattern ? Like Clapotis ? Given your skill set that might be a good easy type of knit ?? It looks very pretty in koigu and noro...Just a thought. Sorry you are having such a hard time Kat.. I know you will get through it !!
    I'm here if you need me !

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger erin said…

    I feel your project frusteration pain. Personally, I took everything I was working on for myself and hid it in a drawer, resolving to knit nothing for myself until I had at least 3 Christmas presents finished. Then you get the joy of a new project without guilt!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger erin said…

    Of course, being REALLY pissed off at my shawl made putting it down for a while easier.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    I think you guys are right. I'm gonna go to the yarn shop (oh the horror) and get some yarn to work on some Christmas presents.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are the armwarmers done? They were really cute. If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure my Jaywalkers are going to be too big and I'll have to frog them - that stitch doesn't have any stretch. Boo. And I'm frogging a sweater I was almost done with. There may just be something in the air for knitters lately.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    No kidding Rahime !!
    I know I am having a hell of a time with my project on the needles right now !!!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    I'll be finishing the armwarmers tonight at knitting, with any luck. I needed someone to show me a new technique for the thumbs.

    You're right, rahime, that the Jaywalkers (the ones I'm doing were bascially the same) have no stretch. Which means they probably would have bagged around my ankles and strangled my calves if I *had* finished them as socks, so I'm glad they worked out the way they did. The pattern is darling but it's just not right somehow for socks; everyone's seem to be too small or too big. :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home