Purrls

Monday, August 07, 2006

A Mellow Knitting Weekend

The Mister and I have had so many social engagements of late, I feel like all I do is run around!

So...I declared last weekend Hermit Weekend. I cooked out of the pantry, and we watched....9 movies in all (I think, I can't remember if we did 1 or 2 on Friday).

During all that movie watching time I got my ZigZag socks back on track. I had begun to work them separately then realized I could work them together. So I caught up the one and put the other on the needle....and I realized they were not the same width. THIS is why I like doing them at the same time! They were a whole 1/2 inch off due ONLY to gauge variation with the very same size needles. So, after trying to convince myself that they were really the same size and it was all in my head, I realized that it was a lost cause. I ripped the one and did another. Now both are caught up and the same size and on the same needle. Further progress should actually be...progress now.

I also got in some good work on my BPT cardigan. I divided the sleeves from the body as we watched the credits of Scream 2, our final movie yesterday. And then I discovered one of the cables was twisted the wrong way (sigh) and so now I have to fix that. Fortunately I have no problems laddering down the whole cable and reknitting just that part. Because this is the 4th time I've had to do it!

All in all I felt very productive this weekend. I even did my laundry, made cranberry walnut scones, cleaned the kitchen thoroughly, and made a picture frame for someone's birthday present. I felt much more productive then when I'm actually out running around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home