Purrls

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beautiful Blue Shawl


The lovely blue Handmaiden Spun Silk yarn that I treated myself to has been sitting in my yarn basket for a month now, waiting for me to decide what to make with it. Oh, I go over and pet it now and again to make sure it doesn't get lonely. I assembled some of my nicer yarn in the basket with it so it would have friends. In case anyone's interested, its friends are; 2 skeins of Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock in Bittersweet, 2 skeins of Regia Silk sock yarn in candy pink, a skein of monster-green Lacey Lamb laceweight, and the two skeins of hand dyed green Manos-like yarn from Dani.

My goal had always been to wear the yarn, as some sort of shawl, to an upcoming wedding. But I couldn't decide what to do with it. I thought I wanted to knit it in order to maximize every inch of the gorgeous stuff.

But then I ran across a beautiful crocheted capelet in Wrap Style. I'm about halfway done, and I just finished using the first ball. Deep breath and fingers crossed I will have enough yarn.

Here it is, half done. I hope you all approve!

9 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh that looks so nice ! How fast did you whip that up ?

    cg13

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    I started it Tuesday evening.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger erin said…

    Wonderful Knittykat! That pattern shows off the yarn beautifully!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Thank you!

    I had a hard time deciding because I really wanted to "honor" the yarn, ya know?

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TUESDAY ????????
    Wow....

    cg13

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so so pretty kat!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger lucia said…

    Gorgeous! But then, we all said that last night when we saw it in person.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Lucia ;)

    cg13

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Oooh, thanks everyone!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home