Purrls

Monday, June 19, 2006

Birthday!!!

I had such a wonderful day on Thursday! When I got to knitting group all of my lovely friends surprised me with such delightful gifts.

Dee made me a fuzzy leopard print bag that is just perfect! I went to put a pattern in there and looked to my mom and said "What do you know, a pattern fits *perfectly* in there!" Then I paused and said..."Well, of COURSE a pattern fits perfectly in there, Dee made it!"

Inside the bag were a plethora of cute little knitting notions, so I can be a part of the cool girls club. Stitch markers, little rainbow coils to hold my needles together, stitch holders, a kacha-kacha, a pair of gold scissors with a scissors fob (which features a handmade bead by Cathy!) and a magnet board and stand. Doree also surprised me with a beautiful red Chinese print tote that closes either like a regular totebag, or draws closed with a drawstring. I really hope I haven't forgotten anything, as I have already assimilated all of my new goodies in my collection, so I can't go back and check :-)

Pictures to come later....once I get back on my work computer :-)

******
On the project log, I have finished all of the knitting for my Tzarina Wrap! After a rest last week in the Time Out Basket (I decided, instead of driving out the demons, to simply give them time to leave on their own) I got the right front done at knitting on Thursday, joined the pieces and got 4 inches on the back at Ravinia on Friday, and finished up the knitting at my folks' house on Sunday during my birthday party. Now all I have to do is sew on the buttons!

I'm also in the home stretch of the pink nylon cord bag. It does look very cute even though it was rather unpleasant to crochet because of the stiffness of the nylon cord. I have some more to do with the strap and then I need to purchase a closure, then I'm done!

I should be all ready to start my next project, which I believe will be a felted Noni bag in a knitalong with CG13 :-)

Lotsa love to everyone & see you next week!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger erin said…

    I didn't know it was your birthday last week! Happy Birthday girl, I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    -erin

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I outed you on glitter for having a birthday ;)

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can you bring your nylon cord project on Thursday night? I've had a skein in my stash to try out for a beach bag and I'd love to see how yours turns out. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home