Purrls

Monday, May 08, 2006

Yay for a new purse!


I am again SO proud of myself for my newly rediscovered sewing skills.

I had this fabric for a skirt, but there was not enough there. It was so cute, I wanted to use it, and suddenly it hit me it would be great for a tote/purse.

So I set to working on it. The first time it was too wide and too tall, so I had to rip seams and start over. The second time it was perfect! It is fully lined with the same fabric. All of the seams are right; nothing is hanging out or not sewn properly. And the strap is a creative reuse of 2 belts that came with shorts I bought last summer. I never wear belts. I had had them lying around and almost tossed them when we moved, but then I decided that they would come in useful someday.

I even reused the d-rings off of one of them to make the strap look more professional. The belt design just looks kind of punky with the brown corduroy!

There *is* a closure, but I didn't get a chance to set the snap in it yet, so I have it safety pinned to the inside (just because I couldn't wait to use my bag!)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Li'l Birdie here (who won't log in at work!)
    Super cute tote bag- it does look very professional! I will be breaking my machine out soon. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home