Purrls

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Crunch crunch...mmmmm tasty post!

Ahem. So I did in fact write an entry yesterday and then my computer ate it. It must have been good.

New yarn:
*2 hot pink skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. I'm doing a sockalong with a dear friend Dani in Florida. It is a new challenge for me and a SUPER new challenge for her; the pattern is 2 socks at the same time on one long circular needle. It is full of new techniques for me; 2 socks at once, Magic Loop, short row heel, cabled socks, and toe up socks themselves. Dani has not made socks before so hopefully this is a good experience for her!

*2 lovely teal green skeins of hand-dyed wool from Dani herself! They arrived in the mail on Saturday and were a balm for a bad/busy day, and comforted me on Sunday in the wake of very bad news from another friend. Right now they are snuggling together on the couch, waiting for me to decide what to make with them!

Current Projects:
*A care package for another online buddy. Nothing knitted in there, but a lot of sunny happiness. She likes bees, so I cross-stitched a little beehive and framed it in an oval embroidery hoop. I trimmed the hoop with ecru crocheted lace (no I didn't crochet it) and rough twine to give it an earthy look. I also made her a treasure box--I painted a small wooden box green and put little bee & hive cutouts on the top. Inside the lid I put flowers made from shells. I also crocheted a dishcloth for her and have a few other little goodies tucked in.

*A sleepy-eyed amigurumi cat for the above recipient's little girl.

*My capelet is blocked and dry--I felt it this morning and had to force myself to go to work instead of staying to add on the edge and the tassels! Pics coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home