Purrls

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Two, two, two socks not one!

I finally finished the Third Sock. I don't know why I had so many problems with this pattern but I did.

1. The first sock was markedly smaller than the second one.
2. The toe on the second one had to be ripped out and redone to remove a whole inch of length
3. I had to look up how to do kitchener stitch because it has been too long.
4. I finally finished the second sock last night, and had to regraft it 3 times because I kept screwing up. One time I already had the end woven in and everything and realized the stitches were way sloppy and loose at the beginning of the graft. I know it was late but did I suddenly forget how to do this or something???

But they're done, the same size, and I believe the intended recipient will enjoy them.

***
I did in fact cheat a little on my no-new-projects-until-this-one-is-done rule. When Laurel gave me that lovely pink linen yarn I could wait to tangle my paws in it. She warned me it might shed a lot, and so I took the precaution of unravelling it outside.

She very kindly included a pattern, but I think I am actually going to make a crocheted bucket hat from it, similar to the cotton one I have (which is slowly showing its age) but nicer and pink! I believe the shedding is somewhat less pronounced with crocheting. Either that or the breeze kindly took all the sheddies and carried them to my neighbor's house ;-)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kat, there is a few trick or two that you can use to make the sock toes turn out really nice. I would be happy to demonstrate the next time you are working a toe.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Next time I'm working a toe, I'll be happy to take you up on that! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home