Purrls

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Now I'm Really Cooking Along

So I finished the afghan on Tuesday. Then I could get to my own projects which have been languishing too long because of the afghan. We've also been socializing non-stop since last Wednesday, so we took an evening off. I got to enjoy an evening in front of my favorite court shows, finishing up 2 projects in the queue.

I've finally finished the miser's purse with the beads. It's funny, I did the first miser's purse in an afternoon and started the second one, then finished that one that evening. I started this one....a month and a half ago. And I just finished it last night. And it wasn't like it was just sitting around somewhere, I was actually working on it here and there. The beads really really slow down your progress, as does the size 20 cotton. And the others were fairly straightforward and minimalist, while this one was very ornate. But it's beautiful and it's done!

The only project left in my personal must-finish-before-buying-anything-fun queue is the second sock, well, third sock. And it's not like I don't enjoy that project or anything, just that I'm sort of miffed I have to make a third sock, because the first two are totally different sizes. But once those are done, then I am free to do just about anything I want!

I can't decide between the Victorian bed socks, or the Starsky sweater. I'm thinking with spring coming, I might not want to be weighed down with the Starsky sweater. On the other hand, I want to have it done so I can wear it in the fall. Decisions, decisions :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was interested in your miser bag!
    I would love to make one myself.
    Can you point me in the right direction for info.
    Thanks
    Liz
    ecatron@tampabay.rr.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home