Purrls

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Some Rough Justice on the Knitting Prairie

I had some projects hanging around in various states of completion, and I decided it was time for a little rough justice.

The should-have-been-cute Picovoli Tee that I was making from beige Red Heart Luster Sheen was SO not turning out. Bad color, gauge off, size wrong, yarn already fuzzy and bothersome. My gerbils will enjoy the bed though.

The beaded purple miser's purse is going to get finished. I'm halfway around the final round, then I have just the chains and ring to do, then I think I am done with my miser's purse experiment for now.

The Alien Illusion Scarf got two rounds of black half double crochet yesterday around the edge, which flattened it out considerably. I added fringe and it is done and ready to be given....at Christmas.

****

I also cleaned out my knitting bag & the little notions pouch that always gets messy, recorded my finished objects in my knitting journal, and cleaned up my knittin' spot on the couch, which was starting to resemble a huge heap of random bits of wool and projects in various stages of completion.

I have a goal in mind now: Once I have finished my current projects on deck I can work on my treat projects. I am permitting myself to poke along on the Malabrigo stole since I am enjoying it so much. So I have lined up the things to finish and I am going to finsh them because I am motivated.

And now this is published on the Web so you can all hold me to it.

*****

Lil' Birdie, I don't know if you are reading right now while you are in transit, but I wanted to mention that the previous post about cheapness was not directed at you or your blog. I am still all about the bargain luxury, so we are apparently on the same page ;-)

I am adapting Dee's yarn motto to fit general life:

Inexpensive YES, cheap NEVER.

:-) :-) :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home