Purrls

Friday, March 10, 2006

You just don't ignore a request from a pirate


So Long Laurel Silversmith has requested another blog entry, as apparently they do not appear fast enough for her. And here I thought I was doing good!

Let's see, project count.

1. (not) Padded Footlets from Cotton Surf yarn, about 2/3 done with one sock (the second sock).
2. beaded purple miser's purse, that I just haven't quite finished.
3. newly restarted feather & fan stole from purple & green Malabrigo, rescued from the Crapotis.
4. Alien Illusion Scarf, halfway done. And, as requested, a pic.

It's kind of a challenge to hold Mr. Alien on an angle so you can actually see him, because you need to then let go of something to click the mouse to start taking the picture. But I managed on the first try, so here is a picture of Mr. Alien, one of four aliens currently on the scarf. I'm a little stalled on him right now because I don't need him until Christmas. (Yes I'm one of those plan-ahead people).

5. Commissioned granny square afghan. A lady at work found a box of granny squares for an afghan that her aunt had started, but she can't see well enough to crochet anymore. So she has agreed to pay me by the hour to put black borders on the squares, join them together, and put a border on the afghan. Hopefully in time for her daughter's wedding in May.

Somehow my 1 project blossomed into 3 projects and now I have 5. Hmph. Maybe I can clean a couple of those up tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you!!!! You rock! And I love the alien, he's so cute! Sounds like you have much going on... and I love the way the Malabrigo looks in the Feather and Fan stitch, very pretty!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Thanks, I'm liking how it's coming out too.

    I would have had this up earlier but my computer was being a butt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home