Purrls

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Me, the Sheep

Anytime there's a wildly popular project out, my first reaction is "Hmph. I'm not following along with all those sheep. I'm making my own thing."

Then, after a while, I see all the beautiful finished projects and suddenly I'm all "Waaaah, I wanna play TOO!"

This happened with Charlotte's Web (which was almost my undoing) and now again with Clapotis. I didn't want anything to do with it; I thought it was ugly and lame.

And now I really want it. I guess I'm just a late blooming sheep. Or a delayed-reaction sheep.

One thing though is I am definitely not using the recommended Lion and Lamb yarn. While it is soft, when I nuzzled my neck with it it just had the slightest hint of prickly to me (sensitive). Not to mention it's over $30 a skein and you need three. Ummm....I'm trying to break myself out of this whole Michael's-Joanns-Hobby Lobby rut and work with some nice yarns, but $100 is too much for a stole I am probably going to spill stuff on. The Malabrigio felt nicer to me and cost me under $40 for 3 skeins.

And hey, somebody please tag me so I can write 5 weird things about myself!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tag.

    Does that work? I don't get it. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home