Purrls

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hmph. A Minor Setback

So last night the mister had a late night movie marathon to go to so I had all evening to install my vanity. I had the vanity, the sink top, the faucet, the supply lines, the drain extension, everything. I opened the vanity, all excited to put it in and see it in place.

And it didn't fit. Well, technically it fit, side to side, but the cabinet had a support in the middle of the back for the drawers, which was right where the plumbing was. So there's no way to install it without, um, moving the plumbing, which I'm not about to do.

It's not like I was that in love with the cabinet, I just picked one. I liked the sink top but not that much! But I was very frustrated. I had my remodeling mojo working and I had to stop. The vanity is the first step and it didn't fit, so there was nothing I could do. I went to the Home Depot to look at other cabinets, but they wouldn't fit in my car. And after we worked so hard to get that big vanity cabinet home! Now it has to go back.

The plus side of all of this is that I'm going to save a ton of money. The wall cabinet, vanity cabinet, and counter top cost a total of $450. The new one I'm planning to get will cost about $60 for the vanity and counter top, and then I get to pick a different storage cabinet. But the ones I was seeing were under $100 too, so I will be getting away with less than half of the original cost.

So that is the silver lining. But it's still frustrating. It was nice to have an evening to read and take a nice bath and make myself a pretty dinner, but I would rather have been able to install my stupid sink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home