Purrls

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Thought the Sink Would Be the Easy Part

More setbacks. Grrrr.

We bought a nice new vanity/countertop combo. The combo cost less than just the countertop we had previously bought. I decided I wanted white after all; white cabinet and white countertop. They *look* very nice.

Unfortunately the drain and faucet are giving us fits.

The drain pipe is just *slightly* offset from the p trap. I figured it would be fine; where's the water gonna go anyway? Well, I got my answer. It bubbles up slowly around the union, because the pipe is tilted in the p trap.

Also frustrating was that the faucet came with a plastic drain assembly. This is nice in that they don't corrode or anything. Unfortunately, they are impossible to tighten to the point of not leaking without breaking them. If you hand tighten them, they leak. If you use tools, they break (and then they still leak).

The Mister says that that's just a fault of the plastic. He says we should buy a metal drain assembly and try again. I am really hoping that works. My bathroom looks so nice but I feel so lousy because it's leaking and not functional. Makes me feel like I can only make things look nice, not work nice. :-P

The thing that gets me is that the faucet replacement was so EASY in the other house. And now it's a mess and it doesn't seem to be working at all. Of course, I wasn't messing with the drain assembly then, just replacing the faucet itself.

The other thing driving us nuts is the stupid popup drain. It has all these little parts that have to be perfectly aligned.....except they are all too long to be perfectly aligned between the drain and the wall. The space from drain to wall is about 4 inches. The thing is 6 inches long. The picture in the instructions gleefully shows it fitting just perfectly between drain and wall with no space problem at all. Stupid instructions.

Tonight we can't work on it because I have knit group, and Friday the Mister is going out. This is annoying me no end! I thought I'd have it done and it would go together perfectly and it is just enough off to go Nyah Nyah Nyah You Can't Do It!!!!

Rar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home