Purrls

Friday, February 10, 2006

Renewed Confidence

Well, the benefit to working in the maintenance department is there is always someone to help you when you have a home improvemen problem.

Today I asked the plumber here for some assistance, and he was more than happy to help.

Apparently I can remove the escutcheon plate at the wall and move the p-trap a little to get it to line up. And I measured my pipe wrong; I have 1 1/4 inch rather than 1 1/2 inch pipes. And I shouldn't be using a plastic slip nut on a galvanized pipe. And I should be using teflon tape. And I should be using a slip nut with a brass washer. And I should have a metal drain assembly instead of a plastic one.

Between all of these things, something's gotta work. Fingers crossed. The Mister is at a movie tonight and so I have lots of time to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home