Purrls

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Erk, Clapotis Not Working Out Well?

Okay. So the original Clapotis is made with a finer yarn and I made it with a thicker yarn. I still wanted it pretty wide so I decided to make fewer rows in the 'increase' section. So I should have plenty of yardage, because I have even a little more than what is called for.

Unfortunately, I have three problems. I have finished with one ball, so it should be about 1/3 of the total length. It's not looking it; I wanted it to be long enough to wrap around, but it doesn't look very long at all.

Secondly, the one edge is straight, and the other edge is all bunchy and weird.

Third, it's curling. I should know that stockinette will curl, but I figured something about the pattern would keep it from doing that. It's not; it's all curly and gross.

I started this post thinking I would look for advice, but now I think I have my answer. I think I'm just going to rip it out and make a different pattern. My yarn is so pretty and I don't want to waste it on a project I'm not enjoying. And I don't want to ruin it by ripping it over and over; it's already been ripped once because it wasn't working out.

:-P

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have heard that the Clapotis tends to use more yarn than expected. Sorry to hear you're dropping the project, but the yarn is still yummy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home