Purrls

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Challenge

Okay, so I've knit the Alien Illusion scarf and it looks very cute; 8 spooky aliens peeking through the bars at me.

The only problem is that it is curling quite badly. The yarn it called for was Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, which I find itchy, and I couldn't find anything else in the required acid green, so it is made of Caron Simply Soft.

So I'm preparing all my knitting buddies whom I will see tonight: start thinking now because I need to figure out a way to save this scarf. Can I put a border on it, either knitted or crocheted? I have an extra black skein and an extra lime green skein.

It is not a time is of the essence issue because it's a Christmas present.

*****

And just so everyone knows: I'm not trying to harvest comments or anything ;-) but I do have the blog set up so that you can leave a comment regardless of your Blogger status. You do not have to be a member to leave a comment for me. I do request that you put some sort of identifier on though so I can tell who you are.

And yes, in case you hadn't guessed, I am a total comment whore and love to get comments, so if you have something to say, SAY IT! ;-)

*****

Tonight's project: working on the Malabrigo stole that I haven't had a chance to work on because I've been so busy with the commissioned granny square afghan. I think I have seen enough granny squares and black red heart to last me for a long time ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home