Purrls

Monday, March 20, 2006

A very fuzzy pillow.

Sneakily, stealthily, a whole bunch of single skeins and partial skeins of various novelty yarns were piling up in my stash. I had:

3 balls of Bernat Disco in brown
1 ball of Patons Pooch in pink
1 ball of Patons Divine in lavender
1/2 ball of Fun Fur in light blue
1 ball of Bernat Boa in purple
1 ball of Lion Chenille in purple

I decided, what the heck, they're all going together in one project. I was conveniently home sick for several days last week, so I piled up all of them and went to town making an ultry fuzzy granny square pillow.

It's not done yet, so no pictures. Sorry.

It was interesting using all of those yarns at once, as I got to try out several I had not used before. I found that the Patons Divine is very nice to work with, in general. Nicer than I figured it would be. It's not itchy but it does release some fuzzies. Patons Pooch makes for a super cute pebbled look (on the wrong side) but it is REALLY slow going to work with. All those little blobs catch on the hook. I think the round took me nearly an hour with that yarn (and would usually take me 15-20 minutes). But it does have a really cute effect when you finally get there! Bernat Disco looks like fun fur but glittery. It is really a lot harder to work with though. All that glittery stuff has almost a plasticky feel to it, it drags on the hook, squeaks once in a while, and is impossible to rip back.

Anyway, I had fun and it was nice to experiment with the yarns.

And an extra thank you to Laura, who sent them to me!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Wow I feel like a dork now. I checked out your blog and for some reason didn't recognize you.

    But I'm glad to know it is you and will add your blog to my blogroll, if I can ever figure out how to do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home