Purrls

Monday, April 17, 2006

Temptations

Lantern Moon needles. Need I say more? The speckles, the smooth feel, I think I may just have to buy a pair. Besides, Easter money should be used for something you wouldn't buy yourself, right? Somebody please tell me the answer is 'right'.

Lorna's Laces. The only question is, do I go into the city personally and buy them, or do I simply order online? If I go into the city I can get bubble tea again. But it seems crazy to spend money on the train ride just to buy two skeins of yarn. Wait a minute...actually that doesn't sound crazy at all. There is bubble tea at stake here.

That blue spun silk the color of a pool that's at the Knitche right now. Yeah, it's $35 for a skein. But it's the color of a pool! Surely I can use a lacy stole the color of a pool, making it a...practical purchase. Yeah, that's right. Practical.

Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. Mmmmmm. And in such lovely colors too! Pink and green and blue, I can't decide. I want them all. I want them piled up in a big pile and then I want to roll in them.

That new Jordana Paige satchel purse. But I *really* don't need it. It's just so chic. Like a big fashionable doctor bag. Dr. Knittykat, K.D. (knitting doctor).

Koigu for socks. I think I need a pair of Koigu socks. Who doesn't?

****
So y'all should be able to tell from that post that I have just fallen gleefully into the world of lovely yarn, credit card in hand ;-) Someone is going to win money on this, I can tell. You all had a pool going, the "When is knittykat finally going to cave and turn her back on Red Heart yarn in favor of something godawful expensive?" pool. Whoever won I hope you bet more than $5.
******
So over the weekend I decided to finally knit the Spiderweb Capelet from S&B Nation. It's all done and waiting to be blocked. I used the yarn from Williamsburg carried along with a strand of Cascade in cream. It looks pretty and nicely sheep-colored. Sheep colored. Heh.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa, hold on there missy...don't you have a birthday coming up?

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok lady, you cant make a capelet and not post a pic. Dems tha rules...

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Birthday June 19 ;-)

    And I'm aware of the rules, I will post a pic once I block it, right now it just doesn't look good enough, and it doesn't have the ties or anything.

    I will get right on that blocking thing tonight. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home