Purrls

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Benefits of Procrastination

Last October, I cleared out my closet. Let me tell you indeed that it felt wonderful. I was about 10-15 lbs. heavier than I wanted to be, and trying on skirt after skirt after skirt in the morning and finding none of them fitting was rather depressing; a constant reminder that my weight had crept up a little more than I liked.

So I took everything out of my closet and dresser and tried it all on, and the only things that went back in the closet were things that fit well. I was left with three boxes of too-small, shabby, and unfashionable garments. At the time, we had recently moved into our new house and our living room was a mess, so the boxes got stacked in the living room with the intention of sending them off to charity.

Well, somehow they ended up in the crawl space instead of the charity box. And due to a ghastly string of illnesses this Febrary and March, I am now back at my more ordinary weight. Yesterday morning I pulled one of them out and found a whole new wardrobe smiling up at me. 3 pairs of jeans that fit.....and just when I had only one pair that fit! 2 skirts that I had enjoyed wearing that fit comfortably again! A pair of black summer pants! And a couple of blouses, too!

I have happily rehung these garments in my closet and I can't be more delighted. I still have only things that fit in my closet......I just have way more things now!

I can't say I'm not glad that I did the purge--2 of the boxes held things that were still too shabby or out of style or not fitting. I think in the future, when I purge my closet, I will make a box of things that are just "no way" clothes, and a separate box of things that *might* fit in the future, with the change of perhaps one size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home