Purrls

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I turned the heel!

Yes, I did take this picture at work.
No, no one else was in the office seeing me hold one foot aloft in front of my computer.

I must say I am really loving the toe-up sock method, and the Magic Loop. How nice not to have to worry about losing or breaking a dpn. How nice to be able to try it on without worry of losing stitches. How nice to have two socks at once and know a) they are the same size, and b) I am completely avoiding Second Sock Syndrome. And how nice not to have to pick up a jillion tiny stitches on the heel flap!! I never really had a problem with traditional heel-flap construction, but short-row heels are SO much easier, quicker, and straightforward, I am in love!

I did do the heels one at a time, hence only one turned heel not two, because it was late and I was tired. But it really didn't take me very long. I did have to go back a few rows to correct a screwup, but without that time spent it was a quick & painless process.

I must also say I am in love with Lorna's Laces. It is so very nice to work with and so pretty and soft. I love the subtle color variations that exist even in the solid. While I *do* like self striping yarn for simple socks, now that I want to branch out into patterned socks solids are really the way to go, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home