Purrls

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ziggity Zag!


Here's my current project; a pair of zig zag-y socks from Lucia's pattern. If I were very technically savvy, I could make her name green and you could click on it and go to her site. But I'm not, so you'll have to make do with an old-school link:

Lucia

I had to do a little bit of fiddling because I wanted to do them at the same time on Magic Loop. But I've got them started now and once you get going it is a very simple and pleasant pattern to work.

I'm doing them in the Opal colorway "Flamingo", from their Rainforest line. It makes me feel very fancy to say that, as apparently the yarns from the line are difficult to obtain. I was seeking the "Zebra" colorway for my friend Dani, and found all of the US suppliers were out of stock. I found a British supplier that had stock, and so I decided since they were hard to get....I'd get a couple of balls for myself ;-) I got "Parrot" as well.

The great part is that around here, even if I *could* find them, Opal typically goes for $15-18 a skein. Even with the exchange rate, I ended up paying only $10 a skein. And while it takes Amazon.com 3 weeks to ship my CDs from Colorado, my yarn arrived by airmail in less than a week!

And a picture will be forthcoming when Blogger gets its act together :-(

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger lucia said…

    I'm just going to have to teach you how to write a hyperlink! That color looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home