Purrls

Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's Done!



I think instead of the rather prosaic "blue shawl" I am going to call this shawl my "Goddess Shawl". I feel so beautiful in it, and the blue color makes me feel the energy and peace of the ocean even though I am miles away from the real thing. It's like a little piece of the ocean to wear around my shoulders!

I used another one of those abalone buttons from my grandma; she had pretty good taste, huh? I had to use a counterbutton on the back to adjust for the weight of the abalone button; this sucker is HEAVY.

I just LOVE how it came out!

Note to any others who may wish to do the pattern, it's called "Chanson en Crochet" and it's featured in the book Wrap Style. Before you start, however, download the errata from the Interweave site, as nearly half of the rows have errors in them in the book! (Yikes!) I didn't discover this until I got to row 17 (out of 22), which directed me to 'work into the single crochets in row 16'. The pattern, as printed, featured not a single single crochet in row 16, and so I got temporarily derailed. That's when I found out all the other errors existed, but you can't tell, and fortunately I am a pretty experienced crocheter. I won't just blindly follow a pattern when the directions are clearly off; I will do what makes it work (thank you Maggie Righetti!!). So I didn't have to rip anything at all.

Other than that I think the pattern is really nice; the book shows it in a smooth cotton yarn, which would make it a beautiful casual summer topper instead of a more dressy Goddess Shawl :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty Kat!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    beeeeeeee-ooooooooootiful!!! You sure did that yarn justice by making it into such a lovely shawl!

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The shawl was georgeous and the yarn! Soooo yummy!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger amy said…

    it's so gorgeous! i love the pattern and the yarn really does show it off well. i *have* to learn to crochet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home