Purrls

Friday, August 04, 2006




Alas, my zigging and zagging was spiraling around in an unpleasant way. And my brain was also in a state of non-comprehension of the pattern, even after repeated clarification from Lucia.

Finally, she had a brainstorm and moved one little instruction from *here* to *there* and suddenly the whole thing made sense! She even figured out a way I could work both at the same time, but unfortunately one of them had a bit of a problem and will need to get caught up tonight.


Now here, to the left, you can see one of my first patterns; a baby stegosaurus! Yes, I know, he is missing eyes. I haven't sewn them on yet. The number of stegosauri I *need* to make keeps growing and so they'll all get eyes at once, I think. Pattern will be available somewhere online soon, so watch for it. He's SO DARN CUTE, isn't he??







And then here's a new project I'm working on
called BPT. It's a cabled cardigan, done top down with raglan sleeves. My friend kneesocky asked for some pattern interpretation and we discovered there was a pattern error; one of the markers they wanted you to put in was missing! Thus throwing off the whole thing. I figured it out by using nearly every stitch marker I own, flanking the cables and also putting markers where they suggested, and found that that ONE missing marker totally screwed up the whole thing.
On the plus side, I really am liking the pattern and it's nice to find a nice top-down pattern for once. And it solved a problem for me; making a perfect use for a bunch of lovely mulespun yarn I bought 3 years ago from Marr Haven.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    WOW !
    Great pics, and links all over !
    Good job lady !
    I love the stego ! that is so freakin' cute !!! You might as well do a drawer full ! You can store them next to the washcloth stash ;)
    I was wondering how far you got on the BPT, good grief woman you are a machine. Maybe Kneesocky will post her progress too and you can "dueling" knit to the finish :)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    wheeee! your jaywalker is coming along nicely! And your bpt! the yarn looks awesome! I'll post progress picks of mine soon, now that I got my proper needle. And oh my! I normally have a big hate-on for dinosaurs but your itty bitty stegosaurus is extra cute! and wee!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Thanks, ladies! I really do love this yarn. (The BPT yarn) It's so buttery soft; it feels like petting a sheep; not the least bit scratchy AT ALL. It does, however, smell fairly sheepy but I like that; YMMV.

    She doesn't have a large selection, but what she does make is all from her own (happy) sheepies, and it's processed all very simply and rustically. Her prices are very reasonable; this yarn was a sweater-sized cone and cost me $32.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger erin said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger erin said…

    Awwwww, I love your stegosaurus! I need one! I'm headed over to Glitter RIGHT NOW to check out your crochet lessons, so when you make your pattern available I'll be ready.
    I understand when you say once you've knit one you need a dozen of them; i've knit Nautie from Knitty three times so far and am working on the 4th.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger lucia said…

    That steggie is sooo cute! I swear I'll have to make one next week. (What time to we meet on Sunday. I'm scatty and I forget.)

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The dinosaur is adorable! I'll have to make some for my nephew. Congrats on being so creative to make up your own pattern. I can't imagine that yet. I can't wait to see the cable top, becuase you know how I love cables!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home