Purrls

Friday, August 25, 2006

When life hands you too-tight socks, make armwarmers.


So last night at knit group I was merrily working along on my ZigZag socks. I've got both on one needle, I've got the pattern down, it's not making me crazy, and the patterning of the yarn is turning out cute.

I got to a particular point where I thought I should try them on, as it would probably be time to start the heel soon.

And they would not fit over my heel.

We all agreed, sadly, that it must be time for a trip to the frog pond. And they were turning out so nice! I was playing with them on the table while mourning the fact that they'd have to be ripped out AGAIN, when I slid one on my hand to admire the pattern. And then suddenly I realized that these would be perfectly adorable armwarmers! Everyone wholly agreed; this was definitely the way to go.

The best part is...I'm already almost done ;-) We had an immediate powwow on what to do; increasing a bit for the hands beginning now, and then Doree has a clever way to make the thumb holes that she is going to show me.

Whew!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    how about that !
    Those really are turning out so cute :)
    Great picture as well ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home