Purrls

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Jesus Sweater

I have decided that a more appropriate name for my BPT sweater is The Jesus Sweater.

Why?

Because I have spent half of the time I have been knitting it changing water into wine! (converging cables to diverging cables and vice versa) I have unraveled and reknit that dang center cable about 4 times to correct cables twisting the wrong way.

The center cable and underarm cables have two cables that twist in opposite ways. I have the center cable converging, and the underarm cables diverging.

For some reason, my brain decided that as long as the cables were going opposite directions, all was well. Which is not exactly true. :-P

Now, it does indeed give me a little thrill to be able to ravel down just the errant cable and make the problem go away. But the thrill is wearing off now that I have had to do it 4 times!

Hence, the Jesus Sweater. Which, for all its woes, is actually now too big to fit in the frame of my webcam, so you'll just have to wait until it's finished for a good pic :-)

As you can see above, I am cooking along on those zigzag socks.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger lucia said…

    The zags look great!

    I thought your explantion was going to have to do with taking the lords name in vain!! (Not that I've ever heard you do that.)

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Those are coming out better than I imagined !I think you have magic powers with all the cable unravels...
    I am in awe ;)
    Good job lady !!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home