Purrls

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tag! Tag? Tag!

Dee tagged me in the comments of my last post, and my reactions were as follows:
1) Yay! I finally got tagged! Now I get to....
2) Yikes, what am I supposed to do when I get tagged?

Sadly enough I had to look at someone else's blog in order to figure out number 2 there. But I learned that my task is to share 7 random facts about me. So here we go.

1) I love parakeets and have had at least 1 or 2 at all times since I was 4, when I got my first one for my 4th birthday. My current flock is 6, the largest it has ever been is 7.
2) I can't garden at all. Like, At. All. Last summer people suggested I try growing mint. They said to be careful or it would take over my whole yard. They also said bugs would not eat it. Well, I had a chance to make 1 pot of mint tea, and then bugs ate it. It died about a week later. I killed mint inside of 2 weeks. It's okay. I'd rather knit than garden.
3) I taught myself to crochet when I was 7, using a book. I knew how to make all the stitches but didn't know the names of them so I couldn't follow a pattern.
4) One thing I'm very proud of myself for is my final senior project in college. I stood up in a dark auditorium in front of an audience and performed a scene from a play, in four different voices, all by myself. And I did well and was SO proud of myself for being able to do that.
5) I love onion rings, but I hate onions. I break open the rings, remove the onions, and eat just the "ring" part.
6) I don't enjoy most contemporary video games; I get too confused. I prefer old school games like Super Mario Brothers, where I know exactly what I am supposed to do and where I am supposed to go.
7) I always eat peanut butter on saltines with Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Something about those combined tastes is just perfect.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a lot of plants at work, but always forget to water at home. Go figure. We should eat onion rings together because I only eat the onion part! :)

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger erin said…

    My mint seems determined to die regardless of what I do too. Why do people say it is so easy? Am I perhaps not neglecting it enough?

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Heather---hahahah! That's awesome! We *should* eat onion rings together sometime.

    artmomma--I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Maybe I should just dump it in the garden and forget about it, and see if it prefers that treatment.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not a gardener either - too much work! I'm with ya on the video games - give me Pac Man or Pitfall over the complicated modern games anyday!

    It was nice meeting you yesterday at B&N!

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    I adore you and your facts. I am sorry my recommendation for the mint didnt go so well. Maybe it's the climate and it really isnt your fault. The mint I planted this year isnt thriving like the last. Must be the global warming.
    Show me the green capelet !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home