Purrls

Friday, January 23, 2009

Still More Small Victories

*my best friend gave me a coat she couldn't wear anymore---OMG it's so warm and wonderful and much nicer than any I would have bought.
*I have been doing okay on the grocery front--making creative meals with what I have on hand
*I resisted the urge to buy a new Stephen King book by thinking of all the books I have at home
*I've realized the only way to avoid Blythe cravings is to simply stay off of TIB and just enjoy the dolls I have.
*I almost bought yarn for a felted bag but then had a great idea to do freeform crochet, which will make the varying weights and brands of wool that I have less of a problem and more of a design feature
*I even considered buying a new purse but decided not to even entertain the concept
*I am going to dig out some of my favorite skirts that don't fit and remake them for spring
*we made crayon tarts with our broken crayons. Maggie loves to stack them up

It's odd, my buying impulses have cooled and these are more about creative living than specifically avoiding purchases. In a way I miss Target (I miss having something to do) but I don't miss the stuff--I'm starting to view stuff as "just more crap I have to store" rather than "something I could really use".

Oddly enough, without a constant influx of new purchases I am enjoying the things I have more. When I think a cup of tea sounds nice, instead of considering a new teapot I immediately think of which one I want to use (that I already have). I'm having fun mixing up my current wardrobe rather than going and buying new things when what I have can be used.

I am really really eager for spring though--I would really like to be able to go out and take walks again instead of being cooped up inside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home