Purrls

Monday, May 18, 2009

First cash-only weekend!

I believe it was a success! I withdrew $300 and bought groceries, necessities at Target, a new propane tank for the grill, stuff for the party, and still have money left over.

The hard part will be of course, when the credit card comes and it will not be any bigger but it still will be big, which is so demoralizing when you've been working so hard towards cash.

I did, however, take my credit cards OUT of my wallet. I bought Mr. Knitty and I each a gas card so neither of us actually need a credit card with us at all.

I did my grocery shopping at the cheaper grocery store--I will get back to Whole Foods eventually once I get this under control. I bought a week's worth of groceries and stuff for the party for only $60, which is less than one week's worth of groceries alone at WF.

I am hoping by the end of the summer I will be on an even cash-only basis, where my paychecks that go "into savings" are actually STAYING in there, and I am no longer overdrawing my account, and my credit cards are all at $0. This is my goal!

I also went through the house for "hidden money". I have a collection of $2 bills; almost $20 worth! And I have a box of foreign money that I went through this morning, saved one of each type, and I'm taking the rest to the currency exchange to get spendable money. I have a few things up for sale.

*****
I'm still plowing away at the decluttering. It seems endless, but I am making some progress.

*****
I am also planning some redecorating projects around the house. But CASH ONLY so don't worry. That means I get to think them over and not do them on impulse so I am less likely to make stupid mistakes.

I'm having a wonderful time looking through the IKEA catalogue and coming up with ideas. I looked around my house and realized I had succeded in making my house look "traditional' but I no longer actually want that. So I'm going to modernize...bit by well-thought-out bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger ladyjanewriter said…

    If you want to shop my fabric stash for new curtains or DIY throw-pillows, let me know!!!! It'll help me de-crap, too!

    Some of my stash includes this really interesting yard-sale haul - even if there's not enough for a full pillow, it'd be easy to do a 9-square "mod" 70's patchwork pillow of goodness, I think! :0)

    Yay you! Holy crap I'm wiped.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home