Purrls

Monday, May 11, 2009

Stash

I really feel like I am seeing some results in my stashbusting efforts. I haven't missed anything yet either, which is very encouraging.

There are a few things that I found that require a little hard love. One rather humorous discovery was at least 8 lbs. of sand from Florida. Yes, instead of filling a little bottle with it, I filled a BAG. And it's still there in my closet! I'm planning to put it in Maggie's sandbox. It will be a little while before I can afford to take her to FL, so this way she can get a little preview of that lovely Florida beach sand. I think the shells will go in there too :-)

I came across an interesting way to think about using stash. Usually I decide I want to make *this object* or *this pattern* and then try to find if I have yarn to suit that. This time what I did was pull out the YARN I wanted to use, and googled it to find a pattern for it. I think I ended up with a better project than I would if I was trying to find a substitute yarn for the project. I ended up with a very nice little silk purse in VERY little time. The pattern is called Unbiased and it's on Knitty; I recommend!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger ladyjanewriter said…

    I've found for me, personally, that my "stash" is about being safe from The Next Great Depression. I know I've already told you about the bubble wrap thing - ha!

    8...lbs? Doesn't that border on illegal?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home