Purrls

Thursday, September 02, 2004

A Blue Poinsettia in my Hair

I have a blue poinsettia in my hair. It's really quite pretty. I had a pattern for a more traditional red poinsettia, but last week I had a tough day at work and I *needed* a hot bath and some crocheting to do. It was an easy enough pattern so I grabbed a hook and the blue thread, which was all I had, and headed for the bath. I made the first layer in the tub and it was really pretty. The thread is 2 strands of blue--one royal blue and one turquoise blue. They have a watery effect when held together.

Then the water got cold and I continued with the second layer in the living room. By the time the evening was over I had the leaves and 2 layers and I sewed them together and put a purple pony bead in the center. I thought I'd use it to pin on something but it's a little large for a pin. I ended up pinning it in my hair today. And I feel pretty. Oh so pretty. Sort of like a Latina babe strolling down the beach...except I'm not a Latina and I'm strolling down the halls of my office. But sort of, right?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home