Purrls

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Secret Project



I've been working on this project since July, but I couldn't say anything about it. My mom ocassionally reads my blog and since this was a surprise present, I didn't want to chance her seeing it. I also couldn't work on it at knit group...so it was pretty slow going. It was a challenging project for me; she who does not like to read charts or have to concentrate very hard, but it was definitely worth it and turned out beautifully.

I downloaded the pattern from a blog and I modified it to make it wider and added the beads.

The yarn is Mongolian Cashmere :-) I thought Mom deserved a little luxury and knew she would never buy cashmere for herself.

I offered to let her model the scarf on my blog but she decided her top wasn't presentable enough, so you get me looking all serious and dramatic.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Miss13 said…

    Oh my Goodness !
    That - Is gorgeous.
    Really stunning work K.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger erin said…

    That really is lovely. And you can never go wrong with Cashmere :)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous Kat! I can picture your mom wearing it proudly...and she should you did a great job, it's a stunning piece of work.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Ooooh thanks everyone!

    She's been wearing it nearly every day. She was actually wearing it while shovelling snow but then got worried she might sweat on it :-)

    It looks great on her too! I'm very proud of it.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks great and the yarn is so yummy! I think I see a knitting with beads day in our groups future. :)

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger y said…

    That's a really pretty scarf, Kat! Nice work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home