Purrls

Friday, July 17, 2009

Money Money Money

Well, the good news is Mr. Knitty got a nice raise. Now during the shitty part of the month, instead of having to decide between bills and groceries, I can do both, but barely. Sigh. I was in a full on panic yesterday because I owe the driveway contractors a $2K down payment. I figured I'd take some from the new, larger paycheck, some from my regular savings (where I had been stashing money for this project) and some from my deep savings.

Well after taking grocery money out the checking account was around $30 so that didn't happen.

And the savings account was missing about $700, which I remember I used for our St. Louis trip, which I also planned to take out of that account, I just spent the money twice.

And so I was panicking as I drove to the bank which holds my deep savings account, praying that there was enough money in there. There was. I am happy.

Except.

This leaves me with about $600 between both savings accounts.
And I have a $800 car insurance bill, a $200 medical bill, and a $400 credit card bill.

Where does the money go? I realize that this past month I DID in fact purchase a doll wig, a doll body, and a pair of doll glasses. That totaled slightly over $50. But I honestly do not recall spending any other frivolous dollars!

If I may be shallow for a moment I'm really glad that Mr. Knitty is weaning off his meds soon because his doctor likes to see him EVERY month, and the $95 charge every month is killing us. My doc at least only needs to see me every 3 most of the time. And it's not like this was a severe case or anything with him, so I really believe she's just doing it for the extra money.

But for the next two weeks I am planning some ultra frugal meals because...well...$200 has to last us until the next payday. And I fully realize that many folks eat on far less, but I'm just gonna play the kid card and say that they probably don't have a kid who wants MEAT. I confess I just sort of roll my eyes at these folks who can subsist on tabbouleh with some organic zucchini from the farmer's market. I am feeling low on protein because we are not having meat every night.

But I have a plan in place for the food. I'm going to buy a ton of chicken legs, which are always cheap, and cook them all up at once, shred the meat, and store it in meal-sized containers in the freezer. With that I can make chicken and rice, chicken tacos, and chicken enchiladas. I'll also get some Italian sausage; they make it at the store so it's a bit less expensive, and I can make 1 package of sausage last two meals. And then the rest is pasta.

I'm gonna sound spoiled here, but as soon as we have a few extra bucks we are so going to the Brazilian steakhouse and pigging out on meat!

But yeah, I am not quite sure what I'm going to do.

Maybe I should blog a typical week and see where it's going?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home