Purrls

Friday, September 03, 2004

Crocheting, crocheting, crocheting away

Well, last night at knit group....I crocheted :-) I finished most of this purple ornament from Lion Chenille I've been making. A friend gave me the chenille from her stash because she didn't want it anymore. I couldn't figure out what to use it for and then I saw this pattern in a Crochet! magazine and it called for that precise yarn so I decided to make it. It's almost like a little purse. It's a little chenille bag that you put a foam ball in and then it's not too heavy but keeps its shape. For trim it has pretty gold thread crochet bands and a tassel, and shiny gold beads.

I think I at least impressed the heck out of my fellow knitters when I pulled out the teeny tiny size 7 hook. Crochet hooks, if you don't know, start at 0 and go up, and then down on the other side. So there is a size 7/G hook that is a decent size, and then there is a size 7 on the other side that's really fine.

Anyway, I got most of my ornament done (one of those oddball projects that seems to hang around unfinished) and then I got another motif done on my white doily. I actually got 4 done but somewhere between the 3rd and 4th motifs I went to the bathroom and when I came back, I picked up the wrong size hook. So my 4th medallion was completely off size and so I have to make another one. Fortunately they are pretty quick.

The UPS man knocked on the door this morning and I got all excited thinking it was my Charlotte materials.....even though I know it's way too soon. But a girl can hope, right?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    The UPS man actually had movies for El'Ahrai. I knew it wouldn't be my Charlotte stuff anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home