Purrls

Friday, September 03, 2004

A lot of fun words to say!

Bergamo. Ber-ga-mo.
Cache-coeur. (bonus points for being in French.)

So a while back I checked Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick out from the library and really liked the Bergamo Cache-coeur (a short vest, means literally hide-the-heart) sort of like a ballerina top. I liked it, but had never seen the yarn. I'm always afraid I'll end up with brown brillo-feeling yarn if I order blindly off the 'net.

Then one of my knitting buds brought a sweater she's making from Bergamo--which is like soft wool shoelaces--very fun! So now I want to make it. Elann has Bergamo on sale--60% off at that but I don't know if I like the colors they have left.

Muench (who makes Bergamo) said on their site it is a 'thriving line' of yarn but if that is the case why is Elann the only place that sells it?? Hmmm?

So then I tried to find a sub and that's just always disastrous. You either feel confident it will sub in right or you like the colors. Never both! I like the Katia Colorado which appears to be of similar construction but it says the weight is far different. I've never felt Colorado so I'm not really sure about subbing that in.

I may just go ahead and take a chance on the Bergamo colors. They have a pretty purple but everything I'm making lately is purple :-) and I really liked the Claret color Bergamo apparently was available in at one time. Purple is a good color to order online, though, because I can't think of a purple color I don't like.

Updates to follow. And lots more fun words :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home