Purrls

Friday, September 17, 2004

Charlotte's Evil Web of Hell

Okay, I'm lovin' Koigu, I'm loving my Denise needles, but Charlotte's Web can go to hell. I'm sorry, when I purchase a pattern, I expect to get a reasonable pattern. I understand why they didn't write out every row. I understand the chart was a partial chart. But when it is published in pattern form I expect that I will be able to follow it. I am not exactly a new knitter. The chart not only covers one half of the shawl and only up to row 50, it doesn't even go all the way to the center, turning point after row 40. You have to extrapolate the way the pattern continues off the chart. This is ridiculous and bothersome.

The pattern, after the written instructions, tells you "continue in same manner, adding a new lace repeat every 16 rows." Continue in same manner as what? Add a new lace repeat where? This is ridiculous. I would expect this from a free pattern that I downloaded, not a pattern I had to pay for.

Stupid Charlotte. I had to rip the whole thing and I went home with my Charlotte in a ball :-(

Fortunately, one of the ladies at my S&B (which was far more bitching that stitching last night) offered me copies of two of her patterns, which are pretty and will show off the Koigu nicely.

Die, Evil Charlotte!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home