Purrls

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

If I had an airplane, I still wouldn't make it on time

Remember that Bangles song--Manic Monday? She's late to work because she spends so much time on her hair and wondering what to wear?

Totally me today, except for the fact that I wasn't wondering what to wear...I was asleep. Somebody, either me or my husband hit MY alarm instead of his and turned it off. I need to get to work at 9 and I woke up at.....8:30.

Fortunately I had bought a new pair of yoga pants at Target last night, and they're black, so they don't look too tacky, so I'm wearing those right now. I didn't have time to put in my contacts so I have on my glasses, which is not really so bad because I really like these glasses.

So I only had time to knit a few rows last night on Charlotte, but it's looking beautiful. Life just keeps interfering with my knitting! Yesterday raccoons got in our garbage and spread it all over, and we have a huge heap of crap from when we cleaned the garage, which has just been sitting there providing a home for chipmunks and beetles and mosquitoes and all kinds of other unpleasant pests. Sigh...I think we are definitely 'those' neighbors.

Anyone want a slightly damaged hot pink couch? I put it out for the garbage a couple of weeks ago, figuring someone would take it. No luck. So I broke down and put a garbage sticker on it....and the garbage man won't even take it. It's like a huge, ugly, hot pink albatross. I can't get rid of the thing. We offered it free for the taking to dozens of people...they don't want it. We put it out in the yard...free for the taking....and people who will take hoses that leak and rusted out bicycles and cheap broken kitchen cabinetry and moldy, stained carpet remnants will not take my pink couch!!! Even the garbage man will not take it--I'm not investing more than $1.75 to get rid of it, what the heck do I do with it? I swear, the pink is only a slipcover. It's white underneath! The pink didn't look too bad until it sat out in the sun for 2 weeks, now it's faded, wet, and stained. Soooo....anyone want a broken, faded, wet, stained couch with no feet??

4 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger InspiredDreamer said…

    You know, you can always take it to Goodwill or something, can't you? Or... if you reeeaaally want to be "those neighbors," why don't you put it up on blocks? :) (ah... ok I know that was mean and stupid, but it totally made me laugh. And of course that's what matters.) :)

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Why would I be ignoring you? Check your e-mail and see if todays went through. It's obviously a hotmail glitch.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Arrggh! Stupid hotmail. I'm sorry you thought I was ignoring you--this is a stupid e-mail glitch. Let me try e-mailing you from my work address.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger knittykat said…

    Check your email now, sweetgirl. If it doesn't arrive in a half hour or so let me know here. Since you got yesterday's e-mail, you know now that the situation is solved, sorry for the confusion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home